Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL but BLACK EYES are NOT!

I know by now most of us have heard about the unfortunate incident involving singers Rihanna and Chris Brown(Unfortunate? Yes! – New? No!). As I sat down to write this blog, I thought about the scene in the movie What’s Love Got To Do With It, where Ike told Tina – “Eat the cake Anna Mae” and the iconic scene in the movie The Colored Purple, where Sophia blasted Ms. Celie – “You told Harpo to beat me”, and I must admit I smiled, but there is truly nothing funny about domestic abuse. I don’t know the circumstances that led up to the violence between Rihanna and Chris Brown, nor do I know either of them personally, but I do know a lot of people who have found themselves in an abusive relationship or situation. For the record let me state, there is never a reason for your relationship to turn violent. What happened to talking it out? What happened to walking away? What happened to “make love not war”?

I recently heard a song by R&B Singer Avant that asked the question: “Will you love me when it hurts?” There is no greater joy than to be “in love” and connected with another person, but lets face it – love is not easy. We have all been in love once or twice, and sometimes things have not gone quite so well. Maybe you had your heart broken, or you were cheated on, or you were dumped with no explanation and you ended up hurting. Yes love sometimes hurts emotionally, however, you should never be hurt physically by the one that you love. The old cliché “love is a battlefield” still holds true. And although we sometimes have to wear the wounds of love on our hearts, WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WEAR THEM ON OUR FACE! ...AND THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT... But Who knows - Maybe it's just me!

Please Tune In to the show on: TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2009 @ 7:30 PM CT. We will talk "LIVE" to Author: MARCEL EMERSON - Author of "MY EYES ARE GREEN". He will sit on the “cyber-couch” and talk about his New Novel.

www.blogtalkradio.com/everybodyhasissues
THE b.r.burns SHOW"
Everybody Has Issues!"

TONIGHT!!!!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
7:30 p.m. CT

1-347-215-7727
issues@brburns.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home