Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DAY 17 - READ A BOOK - EXPAND YOUR MIND - LIVE YOUR DREAM!

Tonight I had the pleasure of doing a Book Signing at a place that had a much younger crowd than I was accustomed to. There were a lot of young people in attendance, but very few were interested in "reading" or in buying a book. I became a little discouraged, not because I wasn't selling a lot of books, but because of the number of times I heard from Young Brothers and Sisters - "I DON'T READ"... hmmm

So that started me to thinking about our mission to sell ONE MILLION BOOKS ACROSS AMERICA. The goal was never just about selling 1,000,000 books, it has always been about INSPIRING OTHERS TO FIND THEIR PASSION AND LIVE THEIR DREAM! Now, because of my experience at the Book Signing tonight, I am adding a new layer to our goal - TO GET MY PEOPLE TO PLEASE PICK UP A BOOK AND READ! Reading is not only fundamental, but it is fascinating. It broadens your horizons and builds your vocabulary. It keeps you entertained and engaged. I THANK GOD for my Grandmother & Mother - for insisting that I turn the television off and pick up a book and to "The Book Mobile" that parked at the Mt. Calm Baptist Church in Simsboro, La once a month, every Summer - bringing all those BEAUTIFUL BOOKS! Reading changed my way of thinking, showed me the possibilities and is allowing me to live my dream! ...AND THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT... But Who knows - Maybe it's just me!

SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
PLEASE ORDER THE BOOK!
www.onemillionbooksacrossamerica.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home