Thursday, June 11, 2009

DAY 11 - GET UP! GET OUT! AND MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!


As I sat home, patiently waiting for those "tons" of internet book orders to come flooding in, a song by Macy Gray popped in my mind. I don't really remember the whole song(But I do remember that crazy hair and those huge white balls), I remembered the line - "Get up! Get out! And MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!"

So I rounded up my TEAM, and we did an impromptu Beauty Shop & Barber Shop Tour. Not only did we sell a ton of Books, but we made some great new fans and got a lot of great leads. And for the record let me just say this, there are a lot of ARTISTICALLY TALENTED PEOPLE STANDING BEHIND THOSE CHAIRS! We met singers, poets, actresses and more. It made me wish that I could do/cut hair. How phenomenal would that a be: Me doing my Talk Show, acting in and directing a play, spitting a poem, signing a book and at the same time, putting on a perm and giving a bald fade - COULD HAPPEN! And as far as those internet orders, I'm sure they're on the way - SMILE. Thomas Edison said - " Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits!"...AND THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT... But Who knows - Maybe it's just me!

SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
PLEASE ORDER THE BOOK!
www.onemillionbooksacrossamerica.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home