Tuesday, July 07, 2009

DAY 37 - OPENING CEREMONY - BRO. brburns.com IS IN THE BUILDING!



PICTURED ABOVE: OPENING CEREMONY - The Grand Ballroom at The Sheraton Hotel in New Orleans, LA

On my second day of our 95th Anniversary Conclave, I decided not to set up in the Sigma Market Place(Vendor's Area) until after my Opening Ceremony performance, opting instead to set up a table outside of the ballroom where the Opening Ceremony was being held. The Ballroom where the Opening Ceremony was held, was decorated in grand Blue and White style. A Mardi Gras mask and huge pictures of our 3 Founders hung behind the stage, along with our greek letters and a Crescent moon. Two tiers of dignitaries sat prominently on the stage. I sat on the bottom right tier next to a talented classical songstress, who was also performing(Ms. BriAnna Dewar, WOW - could she sing!). The night was filled with great speeches, well wishes and gifts for outgoing President Hon. Bro. Paul L. Griffin, Jr. from the other Presidents of the Divine 9 Organizations.

And then it was my time to hit the podium. I was introduced by Bro. Jerry Green(To most of those in attendance for the first time.) and me and my butterflies made our way to the microphone. All nervousness, quickly disappeared the minute the first word left my mouth. I issued a heartfelt challenge to everyone to "LIVE THEIR DREAM! - Some people dream in technicolor - others add sound effects." The applause and acknowledgement from the audience indicated that they understood and accepted the challenge. Setting-up outside the Ballroom paid off, because the pictures started and product began to move as soon as the closing prayer was concluded. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! ...AND THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT... But Who knows - Maybe it's just me!

ORDER THE BOOK...
JOIN THE CONVERSATION...
BE A PART OF THE MOVEMENT!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Marcus P said...

I will start reading you book today!!!! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home